Which benefits do I have from participating as a volunteer?
Many! For example:
- New knowledge and expertise
- Improved language skills
- Personal development and self-realization
- An inspiring group experience
- The personal satisfaction of having contributed actively to a good cause
- New friends and acquaintances
- An international network of personal and professional contacts; this may – particularly in combination with foreign language skills - improve career prospects
- Project work makes young participants learn something for life and improve their CVs. They can - within the variety of fields of activity that are relevant in the project – find out what they are good at or what they like, for example with regard to choosing a profession or a field of study.